Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birtday to my Miracle!

It is so hard to believe that the first year of Griffin's life has passed so quickly.  I know the age-old "unsolicited" advice from EVERYONE- say's... "They are only small for a short while"... is so sadly true!  Being a mom second time around I cherished the time a little more intimate since I think my factory is closing for more children. :(  I always wanted three.  But on a happier note-I can't thank everyone near and dear, close and miles between, friends, family, church leadership, and those I don't even know by name for ALL the prayer and support that came to our family during this year from hot meals to hospital visits to just sitting with me.  I thought I would never see an end to the year or for that matter and end to the endless journey Griffin has endured.  We recently finished our taxes last month and 117 medical appointments for this little fella! WOW!  But I am estatic to report he is doing fantastic, growing by leaps and bounds, and eating us out of the house!  A real change from a year back! 

GOD is so faithful, so good, and such the perfect healer!  If Griffin's testimony from the very beginning of life in the womb with news of a possible brain injury to his prematurty to now a thriving baby isn't a song in GOD's book I don't know what it is that folks don't understand about GOD

One of Carter's favorite songs to sing while in the house, in the car, wherever he is to himself is "God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me!"  And yes He is!!!



I love you my son! We love you Griffin Cooper Maynard!!

No comments: