Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Top Ten Things I Love About Being a FLORIDA NATIVE!


Can you imagine this is where I actually live.  I'm on vacation everyday as my husband likes to remind me often of being a "work/stay at home mama"

I love being a NATIVE to life in Paradise.  I can tell you I get upset annoyed whenever I hear people complain about the cost of living, complain about the drivers, the people, the jobs, and everything else people complain about because it isn't like it is where they are from-my answer-as brash as it may sound *wink* GO HOME!  If it is so GREAT in _______________, then go back where you came from, if not than soak in a sunrise at the beach, get to know the REAL NATIVES of Palm Beach, and savor some local fare! 

Somethings I LOVE about being a Palm Beacher...


  • Being able to go almost anywhere-BAREFOOT

  • Flip Flops and Sundresses are acceptable attire

  • Pink & Green aren't just for preppies-but for Palm Beacher's

  • Jack Rogers    

  • Living in Paradise Year Round!
I remember when.....


  • I-95 stopped at PGA Blvd.

  • The Palm Beach Mall and Twin City Mall (both-no longer) were the places to be!

  • Jog Road was the boonies.

  • Wellington-never heard of that?

  • 1st Baptist of WPB (downtown) was the largest skyscraper

  • Beaches were as wide as long

  • Everyone owned a boat

  • Braman Motorcars used to be the movie theater for the Palm Beaches

  • Families would bike everywhere after dinner in the summer

  • It was $5 to go to the Rapids (they only had the 4 yellow slides-really!)

  • Tarazzo floors & Jalousy windows were made for natural A/C purposes

  • and so many more..please feel free to comment below on what you rememeber!
By Popular Demand....


My Top Ten List
Favorite Places to Visit:

  • Lakeside Park in North Palm Beach

  • Oceanfront Beach Park, Town of Ocean Ridge

  • The Town Center Mall of Boca Raton (Best Mall of PBC)



  • City Place-downtown WPB

  • Must-See Christmas Performances every year from 1st Baptist of WPB (Singing Christmas Tree) and Christ Fellowship Worship Performance

  • Local Farms to pick fresh produce (So. FL Produce/Rorabecks/Harvest Time)

  • Jupiter Lighthouse/DuBois Beach Park

  • The FAMOUS Palm Beach-Worth Ave./Ocean/A1A Drive
My Top Ten Favorite Places to Eat in Palm Beach County-
most local favorites, so hard to narrow it down to (11). 

Feel free to comment on any of the above, tell me what you remember if you are a Native!


No comments: